15.5.14

#31 Sprezzatura Coffee


Prologue
As I bade farewell to her, to that gleaming sunshine of my life, I knew from that instance when she left me all alone at the platform, dark clouds have begun shrouding right above me, and it will rain.

I gotta admit it, It was a tough drive holding it in. I've gathered all my strength to hide that weakness and I've mustered all my courage to steer clear from this brewing thunderstorm.

I need to smile again, I have to smile again, thus I need.....coffee.


So here I was, Sprezzatura Coffee, or simply putting it, Sprezza Cafe. For the uninitiated, the Italian term 'Sprezzatura' means studied carelessness or nonchalance, a flawless artistic performance or conduct without putting any effort into the process. Fancy word it is, splendid, simply splendid.


Situated within the office-centric area of Phileo Damansara, Sprezza Cafe is a weekday-only cafe that takes coffee very seriously.


Sporting an industrial kitchen worktop, baristas can be seen crafting their drinks..


Quiches, chocolate brownies and a variety of pastries were displayed on wooden boards.


 Run by the Badri brothers, the basic and rather rustic-looking cafe is equipped with its very own bean roaster,coffee grinder and a LaMarzocco Strada espresso machine. The service here was prompt and the people here were friendly and easy to approach. One of the brothers, looking smart and dashing, explained to me that the cafe has a knack for trying new things. The coffee beans here are always changing and rotating. For my cuppa flat white, the blend of the day turned out to be Toraja (75%) and Tanzania (25%), an eclectic blend sourced from Indonesia and East Africa.

Chocolate Brownie with Marshmallow (RM 11)
Sweet and delectable, the brownie pairs so well with the marshmallow and the cocoa sauce that it brought a smile upon my face right at that first bite (Didn't really mind people looking at me like some sort of moron).

Flat White (RM 10)
Mild with a tinge of earthiness, the flat white was a sense-awakening tonic. Beautifully done latte art as a bonus.


Epilogue
I smiled...at last. I have to learn to look at the larger picture. This is just a process, like you said. It's temporary, it's impermanent, and I'll make sure everything's gonna be okay in no time. I miss you.

Sprezzatura Coffee
116, Block E , Phileo Damansara 1,
Petaling Jaya, 46530 Selangor Darul Makmur. Malaysia.
Tel: 03-79325500
Business hours:
Monday - Friday: 10.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment