31.1.14

#12 Moontree House


It was a Monday I recall, a time of the week when workplace stress piled up and got the best out of me. In a desperate attempt to unwind myself, I accidentally stumbled upon this coffee sanctuary. And the ironic thing about this cafe is that you will be surprised of how calm and serene the ambience is judging from its location right in the city's historically significant area that's no stranger to all the hustle and bustle - the disctrict of Petaling/Sultan Street.


It was 6.30 p.m. when I got there on foot. The cafe was empty. Pin-drop silence alert.

After placing my order, I couldn't help but  to whip out my camera to snap up a few beautiful pictures. As dusk set in emitting its soft yet luminous sunlight through the glass windows, that familiar sense of relief overwhelmed me as I let my hair down and emptied my thoughts.





Moontree House isn't just your average coffee joint serving light meals and caffeinated goodness. It's a mini bookshop quasi handicraft centre selling handmade art crafts known as 'zakkas'. Oh, the bookracks are properly stacked with books about feminism and all things related.


Apart from that, the place is also a favourite spot for organizing various literature discussions and arthouse movie showing sessions.


Back to our coffee talk, the place uses mainly local bean selections such as Malaysia Liberica and Liberica Peaberry. Indonesian coffee beans include Aceh Arabica and Mandheling Estate. Oh, you could have your coffee ice-dripped or siphonated using vacuum pot.


Toraja Arabica (Siphon) with Biscotti (RM 12)
In the mood for something light and easy, I opted for this hot cup of Toraja Arabica coffee. This aromatic cup boasting beans grown from Toraja in Sulawesi, Indonesia, provides mild acidity and clean aftertaste. The bitterness was sharp and momentary, which enabled the fruitiness to linger around your palate for a while before dissipating and leaving traces of refreshing taste.
Otak-Otak with Mantou (Steamed Buns) (RM 15)


Moontree House
No. 6, 1st Floor, Jalan Panggung,
50000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: 603-2031 0537
Business hours:
Wednesday - Monday: 10.00 a.m. - 8.00 p.m. 

No comments:

Post a Comment