14.6.14

#41 Dr. Cafe Coffee







Caramel Latte (Short - RM 11)
Perhaps I get caught up too often in KL's current third-wave coffee scene till a point where I may have forgotten about the fundamental existence of mainstream multinational coffee chains, 'cause I have no idea that there's a newbie in town - Dr. Cafe Coffee. Citing 'Best Coffee in the World' is a gutsy thing to do, since truth be told I have never heard of this brand before anywhere else. After running a few online searches, I found out that it's a franchise-based company serving coffee across three countries - Singapore, Malaysia and Saudi Arabia.

All that was after my visit at the KL Festival City branch. The environment was cosy as the place was near deserted. Couple can be seen snogging at the slightly hidden fireplace area (with fake fire of course..), a few businessmen were seen engaging in corporate chatter over few cups of coffee and a laptop, much like a decent, quintessential coffee shop. The barista recommended trying out their best-seller, a flavoured espresso beverage - Caramel Latte, so I did. Done at a rather warm temperature (65-70 degree Celcius I guess..), the coffee was a pleasure.

It really has been quite sometime since I last visited a Starbucks/CBTL/San Francisco, yet having a flavoured cuppa once in a while could be something like a breath of fresh air.


No comments:

Post a Comment