11.11.13

#2 Humble Beginnings Mille Crepe Cafe @ City Square

Mille crepe, it's one of those kind of food which I just can't have enough of. I'm talking 'bout stacks of flavourful, buttery goodness served on a dessert plate.


Last weekend was great fun, most probably one of my happiest memories with her. The idea of visiting Johor Bahru, the southernmost state of Peninsular Malaysia, was pretty much of a whim. Since it's a capricious excursion, no plan was deviced, no budgetary concern was taken into account, and of course no itinerary was followed. It's just me and my impulsive soul that guided me to you.


Of course, there will always be us and dessert no matter where we go.

Located above at City Square's sixth (and top?) floor is the newly opened Humble Beginnings Mille Crepe Cafe. Humble Beginnings' Mille Crepe has been around for quite some time. The brand was rumored to be the pioneer of all things Mille Crepe in Malaysia (not sure if it's true, oh, that explains the rumor..). We picked this place for tea time out of coincidence strolling around the urban garden outside the brightly lit cafe. Few months ago, I and Keith, a friend of mine, went to the main branch at Jalan Telawi, Bangsar. Sadly, lady luck wasn't on our side since it was closed. So, I feel glad just to try it out here at such foreign territory.

From left: Passion Peach (for her), French Vanilla (for him)
We ordered two slices of Mille Crepe: Passion Peach and French Vanilla (Each slice priced at RM 9.90). Prepared to an adequate degree of sweetness, French Vanilla is a well-made twenty-layered crepe that is soft and easy to cut, yet thick and creamy on the palate. Unlike other Mille Crepes I've tried, the crepe here differs in terms of its texture and mouth-feel quality. It's definitely better tasting than the other 'mainstream' brand(s) out there. Top of my list, and I'm not even sugarcoating it (no pun intended).


Humble Beginnings Mille Crepe Cafe @ City Square
Lot. J6-05, Level 6, City Square,
Jalan Wong Ah Fook, Johor Bahru 80000,
Johor Darul Takzim, Malaysia.
Business hours:
Daily: 2.00 p.m. - 10.00 p.m.

2 comments: